May Allah (swt) accept your aamaal. Aameen.
* Payment of Zakat al-Fitrah becomes Wajib (obligatory) after sunset on the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr on a person who is:
– Baligh (attained puberty)
– Aqil (sane),
– Is not needy, nor poor,
– not unconscious
for himself and all his dependents wherever and whoever they are irrespective of age & belief.
* It is obligatory on one to give the fiṭrah of a guest who arrives at his house before sunset on the eve of Eid al-Fiṭr and spends the night at his place and is considered to be his dependent, albeit only temporarily.
* For those who pray Salatul Eid, it is Ehtiyat Wajib (obligatory precaution) to give the Fitrah before the Eid prayers and for those not praying Salatul Eid the time extends up to before Dhuhr. You can set aside the amount of Fitrah on the eve of Eid al-Fitr and pay on the day itself.
* A person who is not a Sayyid cannot give fiṭrah to a Sayyid, and even if that Sayyid is his dependent, he cannot give that Sayyid’s fiṭrah to another sayyid.
* For every individual, the minimum given must be enough to feed one Faqeer (needy person), which is the equivalent of 6.6 pounds of a popular basic food commodity such as rice or wheat (flour). For 2020, the estimate cost per person for Zakat-al-Fitr is $15.
* Since there will be no in-person Eid Prayers this year ICZ collects the Zakat al-Fitrah electronically.
Please use the form below to pay Fitrah. Both the fields are required.
On next page, enter ‘Fitrah’ as ‘Description’ and total amount as ‘Price per item’.